Dating can be challenging, particularly if you’ve been at it for a while and the dudes just aren’t texting back. Take a look at this list of five traits that, according to “The Life Chef” at Date Right are irresistible to men.
- Pay Attention to How You Look. This isn’t about fussing over every tiny detail about your appearance, or berating yourself internally for something you cannot immediately change. This is about putting your best foot forward. In the video above, the “Life Chef” makes the analogy that if you were to sit down in a fine-dining establishment, and the table cloths were dirty, and the waiter was disheveled, you would naturally be turned off. So focus on being the very best version of yourself. That can mean anything from simply being showered and wearing jeans without holes in them; or dressing to the nines, complete with hair styling and elaborate makeup.
- Show Self-Confidence. Confidence is something to which men are invariably drawn. A person who is secure is someone who is open and ready to attract a long-term romance. You cannot rely on anyone else to make you happy; you must do that for yourself. And part of that is feeling good about who you are and what you’ve done in your life. Tell yourself every day that you will do your best, and that is enough, and then congratulate yourself on a job well done. Get into the habit of being as kind to yourself as you would be to a friend, and you will find that, over time, you will begin to feel more confident.
- Be Yourself. Don’t be something that you’re not just because you think that’s what your date wants you to be. Not only will it be difficult to maintain the ruse, it will ultimately fail. So save yourself a lot of pointless energy by being honest and up front about who you are from the beginning. That doesn’t mean revealing too much, too soon. Just don’t pretend to be someone you’re not.
- Share Your Sense of Humor. Dating shouldn’t be a tiresome slog — it should be fun! Allow yourself to laugh, with your date, at yourself , or your circumstances. Seek to be light-hearted in all situations, and strive to be someone that people will enjoy being around. Attitude is everything!
- Pay attention! Take a genuine interest in the person you’re with; remember the things they tell you, and you will make them feel like the center of the universe. Everyone loves to receive compliments, and men are no different. It feels so good when someone not only notices what is unique about you, but appreciates it. For another date, and another, and another, “love the one you’re with,” and show it.